We treat privacy and confidentiality very seriously at Swansea Digital Marketing (referred to in this notice as “we”, “us” or “our”).
We comply with all aspects of the UK’s data protection legislative framework, which includes the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK’s own legislation.
Our company is Swansea Digital Marketing. Our registered office is 306 Llangyfelach Road, Brynhyfyd Swansea SA5 9LG.
In the course of providing marketing services to our clients and running our businesses, we gather and use personal information about a number of different categories of people. We have developed this privacy notice in order to be as transparent as possible about the personal information we collect and use.
Individuals wishing to contact us about data protection issues may do so by writing to us at the above address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice has been written for the benefit of the following categories of people:
- our clients and people that represent them or who work for them;
- people who make enquiries about our services;
- people who receive our newsletters or invitations to our seminars and events and those who attend such events;
- people who visit our websites or who follow us on our various social media channels;
- business contacts of Swansea Digital Marketing
- suppliers that we use or that our clients use; and
- our regulators, insurers, auditors, professional advisers and certification bodies.
This privacy notice does not apply to:
- people who currently work for us, have worked for us or who are interested in working for us. We have written a separate privacy notice for this group.
- any services which we provide to a client as a data processor. In such circumstances, our collection and use of personal information are covered by our client’s privacy notice.
If you believe that we are processing your personal information, but you are not included in the above list please contact us to discuss this.
What kinds of personal information we may hold about you
The personal information that we collect includes:
- basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position.
- contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s).
- where you are our client, we will collect information about your circumstances that have led to you wishing to use our services. We also keep records of your contact with us.
- technical information collected when you visit our website or digital or in relation to materials and communications, we send to you electronically, which includes information about the type of device you are using, your IP address and geographic location, your operating system and version, browser type, the content you view and the search terms you enter.
- the information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events we host, including access and dietary requirements.
What we do with personal data
We may use this personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you relevant marketing communications about our services
- to undertake research and analysis
- for identity validation and fraud reduction
- to communicate with you in relation to the provision of services by us
- to enable us, our clients or other suppliers of ours or our clients to communicate with you in relation to the provision of goods or services by you or the person that you work for
- to enable you and any other relevant individuals to be invited to, and to attend, the event and to facilitate your attendance (for example, dietary or special access requirements).
- If you are a public official, otherwise act in an official capacity, work for a public body, are a journalist or otherwise involved in the media and we need to contact you in the course of providing public relations or related services for our clients
- to understand how people, use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
The lawful basis on which we rely are
Contract – Processing of your personal data is necessary for us to administer the pre-contract and contractual relationship between ourselves and our clients/suppliers in connection with the performance of a contract.
Legal obligation – This applies where we need to collect and use your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements. Consent – We may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below). Legitimate interests – Swansea Digital Marketing uses and shares personal data based on its legitimate commercial interest